Drugstore Eyebrow Products Review (MAYBELLINE,IN2IT & SILKYGIRL)

12:45 PM

Holla peeps,another review post this time and instead of sharing my verdicts on one product,I will be reviewing FIVE products and to be exact they are brow products. Hope this will help some of you brow makeup addict out there! (I'm more or less obsessed with eyebrow makeup/products because first of all,I have thin eyebrows and relatively sparse/short ones fml) 

Without any further blabbering,I shall start with product number 1 (I emptied almost all of the products I'm going to mention with tonnes of uses so I can give a better review)

Silkygirl Hi-Definition Brow Liner 02 Dark Brown


I also apologize for the quality of the photos that I'm uploading,can't seem to adjust photos to desired brightness nor sharpness *cringe*


The products comes in a retractable pencil form



    From this photo the product is slightly tapered but fret not,it comes way less tapered originally.


The product also come along with a spoolie brush,mine is worn to its core and kinda,pretty dirty *oops* & it isn't bent at first.Not quite sure how I bent it though -insert violence quote here-

Overall,this eyebrow pencil is ''just fine'' for me. It wears off easily throughout the hours & constant touch ups is required. However, the color pay off is relatively good so you won't have to rub your eyebrows off trying to apply this. Price wise,it's affordable (can't remember the exact price. I bought it at Watsons months ago.Repurchase? Repurchased before but probably not gonna do it for quite some time now.

IN2IT Waterproof Eyebrow Liner 01 Chestnut

A very thin & retractable brow pencil


Doesn't come with any brush *sad case*


The pencil tip looks like that

First off,I like this better than the silkygirl one. It glides pretty smoothly on the hair (brow's hair aite) & don't need much pressure to fill up the sparse areas on your brows. Color pay off is also good & you get a longer wear out of it. Even when it did starts to fade,it fades pretty graciously unless you accidentally rub it off. Texture wise,it does feel like a thinner version of a brown crayon I suppose? Perhaps it is an upgraded version of a crayon?jk -insert shocked emoji- Also bought this from Watsons,I'm a loyal customer.

IN2IT Long Wearing Eyebrow Liner 02 Dark Brown


A more classic pencil brow liner,slightly shorter than the others.



     Does come with a brush but it's quite a turn off to me because the brush can easily collect dust when it's exposed all the time,unless you store it in your makeup bag or somewhere clean and contained. Imagine brushing your brows with dusts? Yay or nay?


Another thing is that you'll have to spend abit more to get a brow pencil sharpener (ignore if you already have one laying around) as it doesn't come along with one nor is it retractable. Regardless,it's quite pigmented but you will have to go with small and soft strokes or you'll rub your eyebrows off. Would recommend this to beginner who would actually hop onto the band wagon of brow makeup themselves as you won't get a heavy stroke on your brow even if you went a little heavy handed OR if you actually did got a heavy stroke? The spoolie brush is there for you. Just blend,blend,blend till you like it.


Maybelline Brow Liner Brown
 (Most probably butchered the name because the name/shade of the product got rubbed of completely)

   
     Looks like a decent marker if you'd ask me.


The tip actually looks something like that,more or less. It looks grayish in person but after application it leaves you with some sort of a olive-brown-gray color? Hmmm definitely not good at colors. In order to actually get the color onto your brows,you'll have to use quite a heavy hand which is a very very unfortunate case. Especially if you already have thin/less brow hair (like me) then you'll probably end up with lesser brow hair after using this. However,I did forced myself to finish the whole thing so that I don't waste my money....... and yes I did noticed my brow hair lessen. Actually searched ways to prevent brow hair lessening & started slapping vaseline onto it before I sleep & they did grew back eventually.Would I recommend? Nah. But remember,all my opinions are personal,but each to their own.


Now we shall reveal my current favorite(which is a gift I've received on my birthday),which is the......

THEFACESHOP Design My Eyebrow 01 Grey Brown


Was quite skeptical whether this will actually works for me but  was pretty impressed from the first use,it didn't BANG BANG blew me away but it worked relatively better than the rest of the products mentioned above?


It comes with a brush! Which is a bonus in my book


The pencil itself isn't too chunky or too thin so my tiny hands did get quite a grip out of it

You also get quite a long wear out of it and it fades naturally,I suppose that's how you describe it and I've been using this every time I go to classes and wherever. Thumbs up!

Now,after using an eyebrow pencil you'll surely want it to last longer right?Longer than it normally does. In this case I would recommend an eyebrow gel,mine is tinted,a clear one will do the job. Tinted eyebrow gel can help you to lighten or darken your eyebrow (natural/makeup) color especially when you have hard times choosing the perfect color. Mix & match the colors and you'll have the perfect shade in no time *wink* Oh and a clear one helps you to maintain your brow hairs in place and also can be used as mascara at times.


  COLOR MY EYE BROW from THEFACESHOP,
There's only two shades available when I first bought it and I believe this is the light brown? This recommendation is more towards an affordable & trying-diff-products-out-to-see-if-they-work-for-u kind of thing. Can't remember how much I bought this for,it was quite a long time ago. Overall,it works just fine for me. Average lasting time,unscented,won't make your brows look stiff or as if you had hair spray on them.



Cute little brush


Easy to handle. That's pretty much it & I'm done.


In a nutshell,eyebrow is a very important feature on our face,couldn't emphasize on that more and it should get more love instead and be careful when yo're shaping/plucking/shave them. Splurge on the right item and you'll get lovely brows.

P/s:This was a long overdue post that should have been posted last year but I procrastinated oops. Anyways, Happy New Year & may the odds be ever in your favor! 

You Might Also Like

5 COMMENTS

  1. Three years on Final Touch Brows is presently the universes biggest scope of temples items, accessible in more than 150 salons crosswise over Australia and NZ and also salons in the Middle East. Not just has Danielle Kurukchi made a line of temples items to upgrade anybody's foreheads however is eminent for making Australia's initial 100% human hair, high quality Eyebrow Products for men and ladies who have shockingly lost their temples because of ailment and medicinal treatment. The New York Times, Elle.com, Cosmopolitan.com, Sunday STYLE, Primped.com.au and a large group of other neighborhood print and online distributions highlighted final Touch Brows items and were recorded as leading one of Australia's most inventive items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matched Betting Review
    Scamtested makes it simple for you to earn money online. We find out what works and review services and products! Saving you time and cash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quality water mat has been designed with heavy-duty PVC for a long-term service. Best Product Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Use to love eyebrow pencils but now I'm so addicted with embroidery

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...